Today we are starting our journey with Rob, the author of M is for Money. He is a math and personal finance educator and he saw a need in the children’s book market for an ABCs of money book. But he never wrote or published a children’s book before.
- We started with the search for an illustrator. Here is what we learned along the way.
- What was the genesis of this book? Where did you get the idea for it? Why were you the one to write it?
- The book was written, then the search for the illustrator was on. How did you go about starting that search? What resources did you use for your search?
- What did you learn from your experience vetting illustrators?
- Hard to bring up the illustrator search without also talking about the Kickstarter, so how did you first get the idea that you would want to do the Kickstarter? Had you ever done one before?
Get your Children’s Book Kickstarter Campaign checklist: https://mailchi.mp/392a747ad13f/kickstarterchecklist
Music from: https://www.bensound.com/ E.R.F.
How You Can Support This Channel and My Work:
👍Like, Subscribe, and Comment on this video!
✉️Subscribe to my monthly newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/52c7cd246b5b/authoryourambition
➕Follow me on my other channels: FB | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads
☕️Buy Me A Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/1mkwilliams
📚Check out my books and purchase them or request them at your library: https://1mkwilliams.com or https://payhip.com/MKWilliamsPublishingLLC
Author Your Ambition Merch on Etsy:
Need help with your book?
📞You can actually do 1-on-1 coaching with me, learn more about the services available here: https://calendly.com/1mkwilliamsauthor/author-coach-consultation
Need help with your author business?
📈 You can book time with me to go over your author business and overcome your current roadblocks: https://calendly.com/1mkwilliamsauthor/author-biz
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you, but it can help me continue to create and put out more content. Thank you for supporting my channel so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!